Interested in Queen Victoria or Victorian history? Become a Wikipedia Editor for a day
The Bodleian Libraries are organising a Wikipedia editathon focusing on the Queen Victoria’s Journals online resource (www.queenvictoriasjournals.org). The Libraries have been a part of a project to transcribe and digitise Queen Victoria’s Journals, which detail household and family matters, as well as affairs of state, meetings with statesmen and other eminent figures and the literature of the day. The journals website will be made available for free global use for a limited time to coincide with the anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birthday on 24 May.
We are running an editing session in Oxford, bringing together contributors while also encouraging virtual editing for those outside the city. The session is intended to improve the coverage of individuals and events mentioned by Queen Victoria in her journals.
The day will include a short talk and a tour through the online resource from the Queen Victoria’s Journals project staff.
To sign up and get more details please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_University_of_Oxford/QueenVictoriasJournals or email email@example.com.
- Date: Friday 24 May 2013, 1pm–4pm
- Venue: Training Room, Radcliffe Science Library, Oxford (directions)
- Participants: All welcome! Experience is encouraged, but basic editing information will be available.
- Registration: Please sign up at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_University_of_Oxford/QueenVictoriasJournals
- Cost: Free!
- Contacts: Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org