The Brontë Society is delighted to announce that it is hosting a conference to celebrate the life and work of Emily Brontë in her bicentenary year. The conference, Emily Brontë: A Peculiar Music, will take place in York, 7-9 September 2018. The organisers welcome papers on a broad range of topics exploring Emily’s life and work, such as:
- Displacement, dispossession and exile
- The Gothic/Queer readings
- Musicality: in text and life
- Evocations of place/landscape
- Religion, metaphysics and mysticism
- Childhood and imagination
Abstract submission guidelines: please send an abstract of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2018. The abstract should include a title, name and affiliation of the speaker, and a contact email address. The Brontë Society regrets that no expenses are available but those invited to speak are guaranteed a warm reception and an informed and attentive audience.